How to hide tasks until start date in Outlook?
Some users may have created or been assigned many tasks for coming months in Microsoft Outlook. However, so many tasks congesting a folder makes it tough to find out the right task at a glance. If hiding tasks occurring in future, it will be much easier to schedule works. In this article, I will introduce a way to hide all tasks until their start dates automatically in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The following steps will guide to set filter criteria and only show tasks whose start dates are in last 7 days or on today.
Step 1: Shift to the Task view, and open a task folder that you will hide tasks until their start dates from.
Step 2: Open the Advanced View Settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, click the View > Current View > Customize Current View;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, click the Filter button.
Step 4: Now you get into the Filter dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, and：
(1) Click the Field > All Task fields > Start Date;
(2) Click the Conditior box (or Condition box), and select the Today from the drop down list;
(3) Click the Add to List button;
(4) Repeat from (1) to (3) and add filter criteria of Start Date in the last 7 days.
Step 5: Click both OK buttons to close two dialog boxes.
Note: You can save this custom view with clicking the Change View > Save Current View As a New View on the View tab in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Then all tasks are hidden in the opened task folder, except tasks whose start dates are in last 7 days or on Today.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.