- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis is excellent -- thanks for including the cross-reference of Outlook Version (e.g. 2010) to version number (e.g. 14) -- the other sites I found did not include that.
How to enable query builder for advanced filter/search in Outlook?
Normally Microsoft Outlook users can customize search criteria or filter criteria, and find out required results easily. For example, you can easily find out messages which were received in last week or marked as Red category with configuring criteria in the following screen shot.
However, it seems hard to find out messages that meet both criteria of received in last week and marked as Red category in the meantime. Actually you can enable the Query Builder tab in the Filter dialog box and filter messages meeting several criteria at the same time in Microsoft Outlook.
To enable and show the Query Builder tab in the advanced Find dialog log or Filter dialog box, please do as following:
Step 1: Exit the Microsoft Outlook, and press the Win + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
Step 2: In the Run dialog box, enter the regedit in the Open box and click the OK button.
Step 3: In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
Step 4: Now you get into the Registry Editor window, find out the Outlook folder with following paths:
Outlook 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook
Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook
Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook
Outlook 2016 or the later version: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook
Step 5: Right click the Outlook folder in the left pane, and then click the New > Key from the right clicking menu, name the new key as QueryBuilder and press the Enter key.
Now open the Microsoft Outlook, and you will see the Query Builder tab has been added in the Filter dialog box and Advanced Find dialog box.
- (1) You can open the Filter dialog box with clicking the View tab > View Settings > Filter in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or clicking View > Current View > Customize Current View > Filter in Outlook 2007.
- (2) You can open the Advanced Find dialog box with highlighting the Instant Search box, then clicking SearchTools > Search Tab > Search Tools > Advanced Find in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or clicking Tools > Instant Search > Advanced Find in Outlook 2007.
On the Query Builder tab, you can customize more complex and flexible filter criteria or searching criteria easily, so that find out much more precise results of messages, appointments, tasks, contacts, etc. in Microsoft Outlook.
The Restore “Query Builder” utility of Kutools for Outlook can help you easily enable the Query Builder tab in the Advanced Find dialog box. Please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Options in the Options group.
2. In the Options dialog box, go to the Others tab, and check the Restore “Query Builder” tab in Outlook Advanced Find Dialog box, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the Query Builder tab is restored and displayed in the Advanced Find dialog box immediately.
Kutools for Outlook includes 100+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to hide all meetings from Calendar in Outlook?
- How to hide all appointments from calendar in Outlook?
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThe registry change worked perfectly. Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you for the solution!
Registry tweak works perfectly the same also for Office 2016.
Please update the Step 4 description, by adding:
Outlook 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook