How to only show today’s tasks in Task view and To-do bar in Outlook?
Some Outlook users are used to making work schedules and creating a verity of tasks in Microsoft Outlook. As a result, there are too many tasks to find out ones that you need to deal with in recent days. Actually you can filter today’ tasks and only show them out. In this article, I will describe how to only show today’s tasks in the task view, and only show today’s task in the To-do bar in Outlook as well.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you need to show only today’s tasks in the Task view in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, firstly shift to the Task view and open the specified task folder that you want to show only today’s task, then click the Change View > Today on the View tab.
If you need to show only today’s tasks in a specified task folder in Microsoft Outlook 2007, you have to configure the view settings and make a custom filter.
Step 1: Shift to the Task view, and open the specified task folder that you will show only today’s tasks in.
Step 2: Click the View > Current View > Customize Current View to open the Custom View dialog box.
Step 4: Now you get into the Filter dialog box, go to the Advanced tab, and:
(1) Click the Filed > All Task fields > Due Date;
(2) Click the Condition box, and specify the on or before from the drop down list;
(3) In the Value box, enter the text of Today;
(4) Click the Add to List button.
Step 5: Click both OK buttons to exit two dialog boxes.
Then you will see only tasks whose due dates are on or before today show in current task folder, and the others are hidden immediately.
The following method will walk you through only showing today’s task in the To-do bar in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Make sure tasks are showing in the To-do Bar. If not, click the To-Do Bar > Tasks on the View tab.
In Outlook 2007, you can click the View > To-Do Bar, and then make sure both of Normal and Task List are checked in the submenu.
Step 2: Right click the text of Arrange by above the task list in the To-Do Bar, and select the View Settings (or Custom in Outlook 2007) from the right-clicking menu.
Step 3: Then you will see the Advanced View Settings dialog box (or Customize View dialog box), and you can follow the same way we described in Outlook 2007 to filter today’s tasks.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.