How to prevent Outlook from deleting meeting request when responding?
As you know, when you respond a meeting invitation in Inbox in Microsoft Outlook, the meeting invitation will be deleted automatically. However, some users need the meeting invitations keep in the Inbox even responded. In truth, Microsoft Outlook supports keeping the meeting requests in the original mail folder when responding.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To prevent Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013 from deleting meeting requests after responding, please do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Mail in the left, and then uncheck the option of Delete meeting requests and notifications from Inbox after responding in the Send Messages section. See screen shot below:
Step 3: Click the OK button to exit this dialog box.
After configuring the Outlook 2010 or 2013’s options, the meeting requests won’t be deleted from Inbox after responding.
To prevent Outlook 2007 from deleting meeting requests after responding, please do as following:
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the coming Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: In the popping out E-mail Options dialog box, click the Advanced E-mail Options button.
Step 4: Now you will get into the Advanced E-mail Options dialog box. Go to the When sending a message section and uncheck the option of Delete meeting request from Inbox when responding. See screen shot below:
Step 5: Click all OK buttons to close dialog boxes.
From now on, all meeting requests in the Inbox folder won’t be removed automatically after responding.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.