How to export Outlook contact groups to Excel?
It may be quite easy to export a whole contact folder from Microsoft Outlook as .csv file or Excel workbook. However, some users may only want to export a certain contact group from Outlook, how to get it done? In this article, I will show you the steps about exporting Outlook contact groups into Excel.
To export a certain contact group from Outlook to Excel, you can do as following:
1. Shift to the Contact view, select the contact group you will export, and then click the File > Save As.
2. In the Save As dialog box,
(1) Select the folder that you will save this contact group into;
(2) Enter a name for the exported contact group into the File name box;
(3) Click the Save as type box, and select the Text Only from the drop down list;
(4) Click the Save button.
3. Create a blank workbook, and then click the File (or Office button)> Open or File > Open > Computer > Browse.
4. In the popping up Open dialog box,
(1) Open the folder that you saved the exported contact group in just now;
(2) Click the second box behind the File name, and then select All Files (or Text Files) from the drop down list;
(3) Click to select the text file of exported contact group, and then click the Open button.
5. In the popping up Text Import Wizard dialog box, make sure the Delimited option is checked, and then click the Finish button.
Then contact group is successfully exported to the Worksheet with the information of group name and members.
6. Save and close the workbook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.