How to change the calendar in the To-Do Bar in Outlook?
Generally speaking, we can easily show appointments into To-Do Bar with checking the To-Do Bar > Calendar on View tab in Outlook 2013 (or To-Do Bar > Normal and Appointments on View tab in Outlook 2010). Nevertheless, even we have checked the Calendar or Appointments in the drop down list of To-do Bar, the upcoming appointments we added just now are still missing. That’s because the To-do Bar can only show the appointments in default calendar of default Outlook data file. In this case, to show appointments of other calendar in the To-Do Bar, you have to change the default calendar in the To-Do Bar in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook: 100+ New Advanced Tools for Outlook. Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10. Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To change the default calendar in the To-Do Bar of Outlook, you have to change the default Outlook data file. And you can do as following:
Step 1: Open the Account Settings:
- In Outlook 2007, click the Tools > Account Settings;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, go to the Data Files tab, click to highlight the Outlook Data File that you change to, and then click the Set as Default button. See screen shot:
Step 3: Now a warning dialog box comes out, and please click the Yes button.
Step 4: Click the Close button to exit the Account Settings dialog box.
Note: In Outlook 2010 and 2007, the changed default Outlook data file will take effect the next time you start your Outlook.
Now in the To-Do Bar, you will see upcoming appointments in the default Outlook Data File are showing in the To-Do Bar.
Note: You can show To-Do Bar and appointments on it with:
- In Outlook 2013, click the View > To-Do Bar, and check the Calendar from the drop down list;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2007, click the View > To-Do Bar, and then make sure both Normal and Appointments are checked in the drop down list.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.