How to insert/replace attachments as hyperlinks in Outlook?
Normally, most of Outlook users send attachment with clicking the Insert > Attachment File in message windows. However, the attachments take up much space and make Outlook heavy. Alternatively, you may try to send your attachments as hyperlinks in Microsoft Outlook, if both you and message recipients can open a shared folder.
- Insert attachments as hyperlinks in a new email
- Replace attachments with hyperlinks in multiple received emails
- Automatically replace attachments with hyperlinks in all incoming emails
To insert and send attachments as hyperlinks in message window of Microsoft Outlook, you can do as following:
1. In the mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New Email.
2. Click the Hyperlink button on the Insert tab. (Note: The Hyperlink button won’t be valid until you put cursor in the message body.)
3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click the Browse button behind the Link in box.
4. In the Link to File dialog box, (1) Open the share folder that both you and massage recipients can open; (2) Click to highlight the file you will send as hyperlink in the opened shared folder; (3) Click the OK button.
Note: If the attached file is not saved in the shared folder, copy and paste the attached file into the share folder before this step.
Now you will get back to the message window, and the attachment is added as a hyperlink. See screen shot below:
5. Compose the email message, and then click the Send button to send the message.
Sometimes, you may want to replace the attachments with hyperlinks in received emails for the sake of reducing Outlook size, or other purpose in Outlook. In this condition, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Detach All (Attachments) feature.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder and select multiple emails whose attachments you will replace with hyperlinks. See screenshot below:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails by clicking emails one by one.
2. Click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Detach All.
3. In the opening Browse For Folder dialog box, please specify the destination folder you will place the attachments in, and click the Ok button. See screenshot below:
For automatically replacing all attachments with hyperlinks for all new incoming emails in Outlook, you can configure Kutools for Outlook’s Options to get it done.
1. Click launch icon at the bottom-right corner of the Attachments group on the Kutools tab.
2. Now in the popping up Attachment Options dialog box, please go to the Detach & Save tab, check the Auto detach all receiving attachments option, specify the destination folder in the Save Folder box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now all, all attachments in the incoming emails will be replaced with hyperlinks automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.