How to create distribution list from email recipients in Outlook?
In many cases, you might receive an email with multiple recipients which you want to add them to a distribution list in Outlook. Actually, Outlook provides you with no direct feature to do so. You need to create distribution list from email recipients with little tricks in Outlook. Please browse the below tutorial for detailed information.
Normally, we can copy a sender or a recipient from an email, and then add it as a contact group member with Add Members > From Address Book, and it seems no way to add multiple emails' multiple senders or recipients into a contact group in bulk. But, with the excellent Add to Groups feature of Kutools for Outlook, you can easily add multiple emails' senders or recipients into contacts groups in Outlook with several clicks only.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can do as follows to create distribution list from email recipients in Outlook.
1. Get into the email folder and double click to open the email you want to create distribution list from the recipients.
2. Then click on a recipient on the To field and the right click it. Click Select All from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. Then all recipients in the To field are selected. Right click on them and click Copy in the right-clicking menu. Or you can just press Ctrl + C to copy the selected recipients.
4. Go back to the Outlook main interface, and click New Items > More Items > Contact Group in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
In Outlook 2007, click New > Distribution List.
5. Then a Contact Group window pops up. Please fill in the Name box and click Add Members > From Outlook Contacts under Contact Group tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, click Select Members under Distribution List tab.
6. In the Select Members dialog box, press Ctrl + V keys to paste the selected recipients to the Members -> field. And click the OK button.
7. Then it returns to the Contact Group window, you will see the recipients are added inside.
If there are recipients exiting in the Cc field in the opened email and you want to add the Cc recipients to the distribution list. Please leave the Contact Group window opened, go back to the email and repeat the above 2, 3, 5, and 6 operations in order. After adding all the email recipients to the distribution list, please click the Save & Close button to save it.
8. If there are no Cc recipients in the email, please click the Save & Close button to finish the distribution list created.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoEmail is a universal nightmare that has created chaos and personal degredation on a level that is epic in proportion to just picking up the damn phone and calling...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agocreate distribution list from email recipients in Outlook