How to disable auto hyperlink in Outlook?
By default, when you type an email address or a web site in the email body, it will be automatically turned to hyperlink after pressing the Space or Enter key. If you don’t want the content you typed turned to hyperlink automatically, you need to disable the auto hyperlink function in Outlook. With this tutorial, you will learn how to disable auto hyperlink in Outlook with details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Please do as follows to disable auto hyperlink in Outlook.
1. Open the outlook Options dialog.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click File > Options. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box in Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Mail in the left bar, then click the Editor Options button in the Compose messages section. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, go to the Spelling tab, then click the Spelling and AutoCorrection button.
3. In the Editor Options dialog box, click Proofing in the left bar, then go to the AutoCorrect options section and click the AutoCorrect Options button. See screenshot:
4. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, uncheck the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks box in the Replace section under AutoFormat tab.
5. Then go to the AutoFormat As You Type tab, uncheck the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks box, and finally click the OK button.
6. Click the OK buttons in the following dialog boxes to finish the whole setting.
From now on, when you type in email address, web site or other internet path in the email body won’t be automatically turned to hyperlink anymore.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.