How to open attachment temporary folder in Outlook?
When you open an attachment in your email, a copy of this attachment will be saved in the temp folder automatically. If the attachment you have opened before has accidentally deleted from the email, you can also get the attachment back in the temp folder. In this tutorial, you will learn how to open the temp folder with details in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can do as follows to open the temp folder in Outlook as follows.
1. Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box, and type regedit into the Open text box. See screenshot:
2. Click the OK button in the User Account Control dialog box.
3. In the Registry Editor dialog box, please expand the folders as follows.
1). If you are using Outlook 2013, please double click to expand the KEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 15.0 > Outlook;
2). For Outlook 2010, double click to expand the KEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 14.0 > Outlook;
3). For Outlook 2007, double click to expand the KEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Office > 12.0 > Outlook.
4. Scroll down to select the Security folder in the left pane, and then double click to open the OutlookSecureTempfolder in the right pane. See screenshot:
5. When the Edit String dialog box popping up, copy the path in the Value data box, and then click the OK button.
6. Close the Registry Editor dialog box.
7. Double click the Computer icon in your desktop to open the explorer, and then paste the path you have copied above to the path box. See screenshot:
8. After pasting the path, press the Enter key. Then you will see the attachments you have opened in emails are staying inside the folder.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoThank you so much, what a lifesaver!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agothank you so much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you so much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agothank you so much!!!! this saved my day!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you! Saved my day and I learned a valuable lesson about saving files :)