How to access archived emails in Outlook?
As we know, after archiving a folder in Outlook, older items in the folder are moved into archives folder. Sometimes, you may need to find out older emails or appointments, so that you need to open the archives folder. In this article, I will introduce how to access archived emails easily in Outlook.
If you have opened the archived .pst file already in Microsoft Outlook, just shift to the Mail view, and then click to open the Archives folder or its subfolders in the Navigation pane. Then you can see the archived emails.
Quickly save multiple emails to separate text / pdf / csv / html files in Outlook:
The Bulk Save Emails utility of Kutools for Outlook can help you quickly save selected emails as other format files separately in bulk.
Download the full feature 60-day free trail of Kutools for Outlook now!
If you have not opened the archived .pst file in Microsoft Outlook, you need to open the archive folder before accessing archived emails.
Step 1: Click the File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File in Outlook 2013 and the newer version.
Note: In Outlook 2010 you need to click the File > Open > Open Outlook Data File, while in Outlook 2007 click the File > Open > Outlook Data File.
Step 2: In the Open Outlook Data File dialog box, find out and select the archived .pst file, and then click the OK button.
Step 3: Shift to the Mail view, and click to open the Archives Folder or its subfolders in the Navigation Pane. Then you can access all archived emails easily.
Note: Apart from archived emails, you can get the archived calendars, contacts, items, notes, etc. with pressing Ctrl + 6 keys simultaneously to show the folder list, and then click corresponding folders under Archives in the Navigation Pane.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Merge folders into data file to enable the feature.
2. Then the Merge multiple folders into a data file window pops up, click the Add button to choose the folders you will archive.
Note: a dialog box will open at the same time to tell you this feature does not support the IMAP and Exchange account, please click OK to close it.
3. In the Please select folders window, check the folders you will back up into a data file and then click OK to finish this step.
4. Then it returns to the Merge multiple folders into a data file window, please choose a data file or create a new data file to locate the selected folders. If you need, specify a date range for the items, keep the folder structure and name, and then click the OK button.
Now, all the folders you specified have been archived into the new data file and displayed in the Navigation Pane, you can go to the Folders view to check for folders, see screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.