How to access/sync/import Gmail contacts into Outlook?
We have introduced exporting Outlook contacts to Gmail before, in contrast, do you know how to import Gmail contacts to Outlook? In this article, I will show you the detailed steps about accessing/syncing/importing Gmail contacts into Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To access/sync/import Gmail contacts into Microsoft Outlook, you can do with following steps.
Step 1: Open your Gmail on the web, and then click the Gmail > Contacts at the top-left corner.
Step 2: Then click the More > Export at the top of contact list.
Step 3: In the popping out Export contacts dialog box,
(1) Specify which contacts you want to export, for example, check the All contacts options.
(2) Check the option of Outlook CSV format (for importing into Outlook or another application).
(3) Click the Export button.
Step 4: Save the exported .csv file. The operations are various based on different Web browsers, and here I will take the IE for example.
(1) Click the arrow beside Save button at the bottom of webpage of Gmail, and then click the Save as from the drop down list.
(2) In the coming Save As dialog box, open a folder, name the exported .csv file in the File name box, and then click the Save button.
Note: Do not open the exported .csv file before importing it into Microsoft Outlook.
Step 5: Open Microsoft Outlook, and then open the Import and Export Wizard dialog box with:
- Clicking the File > Open & Export > Import/Export in Outlook 2013;
- Clicking the File > Open > Import in Outlook 2010.
- Clicking the File > Import and Export in Outlook 2007.
Step 6: In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, click to select the Import from another program or file, and then click the Next button.
Step 7: Now in the Import a File dialog box, click to select the Comma Separated Values and click the Next button.
Note: In Outlook 2010 and 2007, click to select the Comma Separated Values (Windows).
Step 8: In the second Import a File dialog box,
(1) Click the Browse button to open the Browse dialog box, find out and select the .csv file of Gmail contacts we exported in Part 1, and then click the OK button;
(2) Check the option of Do not import duplicate items;
(3) Click the Next button.
Step 9: In the third Import a File dialog box, specify a contact folder where we will import the Gmail contact, and click the Next button.
Step 10: In the last Import a File dialog box, click the Finish button.
Up to now, the specified Gmail contacts have been exported from Gmail, and imported into the specified contact folder of Microsoft Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.