How to hide contact photos in emails in Outlook?
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, contact pictures will display at the message header automatically if we have added pictures for the message senders or recipients. However, In Outlook 2013 even there are no contact pictures for associated senders or recipients, it also displays a blank picture placeholder. Some user may think the blank placeholder inconvenient. In this article, I will show you how to hide the contact photos in emails in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To hide contact photos in email messages in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the People (or Contacts) in the left bar, then uncheck the option of Show user photographs when available in the Online status and photographs section.
Step 3: Click the OK to close the Outlook Options dialog box.
Step 4: Restart your Microsoft Outlook.
From now on, you will see all contact pictures/photos are hidden from the email messages, and you will not view the blank photo placeholder either.
(1) Because we have hidden the contact pictures from the email headers, it remains the blank picture placeholders in the People Pane. You can turn off the People Pane with clicking the People Pane > Off on the View tab.
(2) Although we can add photos for contacts in Outlook 2007, the contacts’ photos don’t display in associated email messages.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.