How to display contacts as first name last name in Address book of Outlook?
When we open the Address book with clicking the Address Book button on the Home tab in Outlook, the contact names may be shown as File As (Smith, John). However, some users may want to display contacts as first name last name in the Address book, how to deal with it in Outlook? This article will introduce the detailed steps to make it come true.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To display contacts as first name last name in the Address book of Outlook, you can do as following:
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box with:
- Clicking the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook 2010 and 2013;
- Clicking the Tools > Account Settings in Outlook 2007.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, go to the Address Books tab, click to highlight the address book you will change, and then click the Change button. See screen shot below:
Step 3: In the coming Microsoft Outlook Address Book dialog box, check the First last (John Smith) in the Show Names by section, and click the Close button.
Step 3: Close the Account Settings dialog box, and restart your Microsoft Outlook.
(1) This method will show all new created contacts’ names as first name last name in Address book.
(2) Some existing contacts may still display as File As (Smith, John) in the Address book. If so, double click to open the contact, then click the File as box and select the items similar as (John Smith) from the drop down list, at last click the Save & Close button.
(3) You’d better change the default file as order for contacts in Outlook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.