How to calculate contact's age in Outlook?
Knowing the customer’s age can help you arrange gifts correctly. While using Outlook, you can calculate contact’s age and show the age in the contacts view. This tutorial will show you how to calculate contact’s age in details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For calculating contact’s age, you need to define a field and then add it to the contact column manually. Please do as follows.
In this section, you need to create a new filed in the contacts view.
1. Open the Contacts or People folder which you want to calculate the ages.
2. Change the contact view to list view as follows.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click View > Change View > List. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, click View > Current View > Phone List.
3. Right click on the contacts column header and then select Field Chooser in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Field Chooser dialog box, click the New button.
5. In the New Column dialog box, you need to:
1). Type a name for this column in the Name box;
2). Select Formula in the Type drop-down list;
3). Click the Edit button.
6. In the popping up Formula Field dialog box, copy and paste the following formula into the Formula box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
IIf([Birthday]<>"None",DateDiff("yyyy",[Birthday],Date())-IIf(DateDiff("d", CDate(Month([Birthday]) & "/" & Day([Birthday]) & "/" & Year(Date())),Date())<0,1,0),"")
7. When it returns to the New column dialog box, click the OK button.
8. Close the Field Chooser dialog box.
Now you need to add the created column to the column field in Outlook contacts view.
1. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click View > View Settings. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, click View > Current View > Customize Current View.
2. In the following Advanced View Settings or Customize View dialog box, click Columns or Fields button.
3. In the Show Columns or Show Fields dialog box, you need to:
1). Select User-defined fields in folder in the Select available columns from drop-down list;
2). Select the field you created in the Available columns box;
3). Click the Add button;
4). Select the field you have just added, then click the Move Up button until it locates above File As field;
5). Finally, click the OK button to close the Show Columns or Show Fields dialog box. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK button in the following dialog box to finish the setting.
Then you can see the Age column is added to the contacts column with the contact’s age showing below.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.