How to change default journal entry type in Outlook?
When we create a new journal entry in Outlook, the Phone call is selected in the Entry type box by default. See screen shot below. In some cases, you may prefer other journal entry type rather than the Phone call, and it’s boring to change the entry type every time when you create a new one. Actually, you can change the default journal entry type in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To change default journal entry type in Outlook, you have to change the registry and add a new string value for default journal entry type. And you can do as following:
Step 1: Press the Win + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box, enter the regedit into the Open box, and click the OK button.
Step 2: In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, click the Yes button.
Step 3: Now you get into the Registry Editor, find out the Phone Call key with following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Outlook\Journaling\Phone Call
Step 4: Find out and select the DWORD of DescriptionID, and then remove it with pressing the Delete key. And in the warning dialog box, just click the Yes button. See screen shot below:
Step 5: Go ahead to create a new string value with clicking the Edit > New > String Value, and name the new string value as Description.
Step 6: Double click the new string value of Description to open the Edit String dialog box, input your custom journal entry type into the Value data box, and then click the OK button.
Step 7: Close the Registry Editor window, and restart your Microsoft Outlook.
From now on, when your create a new journal entry in Outlook, the new journal entry’s type is the custom type your specified in Step 6 by default.
Note: After setting your own default entry type, the phone call option will be removed from the Entry type list.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.