How to switch/change default profile in Outlook?
Supposing you have created several profiles for Microsoft Outlook, and now you require to change the login profile in Outlook, how could you deal with it quickly? Here I provide a couple of methods to switch profile temporarily and change the default profile permanently in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To log in Outlook with another profile temporarily, you can quickly switch or change to the specified profile with following method.
Ensure the Microsoft Outlook is closed; open the Run dialog box with pressing the Win + R keys simultaneously, and then type the outlook.exe /profiles into the Open box, and click the OK button.
Then Microsoft Outlook is starting with the Choose Profile dialog box. Click the Profile Name box and specify the certain profile from the drop down list, and then click the OK button.
This method will let you log in Outlook with another profile temporarily. When you restart Outlook normally with clicking Start > Outlook 2013/2010/2007 later, it still open your default profile.
For permanently changing to another profile, you need to change the default profile in the Control Panel. You can get it done with following steps:
Step 1: Right click any blank place on your desktop, and select the Personalize from the right-clicking menu.
Step 2: In the Personalization folder, click the text of Control Panel Home in the left bar.
Step 3: Now the Control Panel is opening. Change its view with clicking the text besides View by, and then select the Large icons (or Small icons) from the drop down list. See screen shot below:
Step 4: Find out and click the Mail from the icons.
Step 5: Now you get into the Mail Setup dialog box, click the Show Profiles button.
Step 6: In the opening Mail dialog box, check the option of Always use this profile, click the below box and specify the profile you will change to from the drop down list, and then click the OK button.
Step 7: Close the Control Panel.
After configuring the default profile in the Control Panel, it will log in Outlook with the specified default profile automatically when starting Outlook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.