How to remove blue line when replying or forwarding email in Outlook?
Have you ever noticed that sometimes when replying or forwarding emails in Outlook, there is a blue line displaying before the original message?
With the blue line showing in the email message, do you know how to remove it? After reading this article, removing the blue line when replying or forwarding won’t be a problem anymore.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Actually, the blue line cannot be removed manually. If you are using Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as follows to remove the blue line.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, go to the Replies and Forwards section, select Include original message text separately in the When replying to a message and When forwarding a message drop-down boxes and then click the OK button.
Note: Before changing, you can see the Prefix each line of the original message options are chosen in the When replying/forwarding a message boxes.
Then you can see the blue line before the original message is gone when replying or forwarding messages.
If you are using Outlook 2007, please do as follows.
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button under Preferences tab.
3. In the E-mail Options dialog box, select Include original message text separately in the When replying to a message and the When forwarding a message drop-down boxes. And then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. When it returns to the Options dialog box, click the OK button.
Note: if the email is in plain text format, there will be no formats existing in the email body either the blue line.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.