How to remove myself from reply all in Outlook?
If there are multiple email accounts in your Outlook, it will cause some problems when you reply all to a received email. For example, you receiving an email through one account, but all your Outlook email account addresses displaying as recipients in this email, after clicking the Reply All button, all email account addresses are included in the To, Cc or Bcc box. But actually, you don’t want other email accounts of yourself receive this reply email. But how to remove myself from reply all? This article will recommend you methods to achieve it.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can add your email account addresses within your Outlook into the following VBA code to prevent sending emails to yourself. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click the Project1 > Microsoft Outlook Objects > ThisOutlookSession, and then copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: remove myself from all sending emails in Outlook
Private Sub RemoveRecipientsWhenItemSend(Item As Outlook.MailItem) Dim RemoveAddrList As VBA.Collection Dim Recipients As Outlook.Recipients Dim aRecipient As Outlook.Recipient Dim i Dim j Set RemoveAddrList = New VBA.Collection ' add addresses here RemoveAddrList.Add "firstname.lastname@example.org" RemoveAddrList.Add "email@example.com" Set Recipients = Item.Recipients For i = Recipients.Count To 1 Step - 1 Set aRecipient = Recipients.Item(i) For j = 1 To RemoveAddrList.Count If LCase$(aRecipient.Address) = LCase$(RemoveAddrList(j)) Then Recipients.Remove i Exit For End If Next Next End Sub Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next RemoveRecipientsWhenItemSend Item End Sub
1. Please change the email addresses in the VBA code to your email accounts.
2. Make sure the Enable all macros option is enabled. See screenshot:
3. Click the Save button and close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when you sending emails, the specified email addresses of your Outlook accounts will be removed automatically from the To, Cc or Bcc box automatically.
As following screenshot shown, for removing myself from reply all in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. After clicking the Reply All button to create a reply email, please click Kutools > My Names. See screenshot:
Then all your names (email account addresses) are removed from the To, Cc or Bcc box immediately.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.