How to automatically reply to specific sender (email address) in Outlook?
This article is talking about automatically replying all emails from a specific sender in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will walk you through creating a rule to automatically reply to a specific sender or email address in Outlook.
1. Create a new email, type subject and compose message as you need, and then click File > Save As.
2. In the opening Save As dialog box, type a name for the new email in the File name box, select the Outlook Template (*.oft) from the Save as type drop down list, and click the Save button. See screenshot:
3. Close the email without saving.
4. Click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
5. In the opening Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
6. Now the Rules Wizard opens. Please select the Apply rule on messages I receive and click the Next button. See screenshot:
7. In the second Rules Wizard, please check the from people or public group option, and then click the text of people or public group. See screenshot:
8. In the opening Rule Address dialog box, please type the email address of specific sender into the From box, and click the OK button (See screenshot below). And then click the Next button in the Rules Wizards.
9. Now you get into the third Rules Wizard. Please check the reply using a specific template option, and then click the text of a specific template. See screenshot:
10. Now in the Select a Reply Template dialog box, please select the User Templates in File System from the Look in drop down list, select the message template you created in Step 2, and click the Open button. See screenshot:
11. Click the Next buttons twice to get into the last Rules Wizard. Please type a name for the new rule in the Step 1 box, check an option as you need in the Step 2 section, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
12. Click the OK button in the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
So far you have created a rule for automatically replying all emails sent from the specified sender. And from now on, it will automatically reply to the specified sender when his/her emails arrival.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 21 days agoif an email is sent to myself and other people, will it reply all or just reply to the specific person intended person?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHow do we auto reply to an email sent from a third party.
Where the email (to reply to) is in the body of the email sent
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAutomatically reply to specific sender with rule in Outlook.
I normally when i get lead from some portal, it show portal email id, but when i click reply it show the different address mean the lead sended email.
But when we create rule in outlook it reply to Portal email not to Lead sended email, why?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThe scrollbar is not working in IE11. It's disaster.