How to automatically reply outside organization only in Outlook?
This article is talking about creating a rule to automatically reply all emails from outside organizations in Outlook.
Please follow below steps to create an auto replying message template and set a rule for replying outside organizations automatically in Outlook.
1. Create a new email, type subject and compose message as you need, and then click File > Save As.
2. In the opening Save As dialog box, type a name for the new email in the File name box, select the Outlook Template (*.oft) from the Save as type drop down list, and click the Save button. See screenshot:
3. Close the email without saving.
4. Go to the mail folder you will apply the automatically replying rule to, and click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
5. In the opening Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
6. In the first Rules Wizard dialog box, please select the Apply rule on messages I receive option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
7. In the second Rules Wizard dialog box, please click the Next button directly without checking any options. See screenshot:
8. Now a warning Microsoft Outlook dialog box pops out. Please click the Yes button to go ahead.
9. In the third Rules Wizard dialog box, please check the reply using a specific template option, and then click the text of a specific template. See screenshot:
10. Now in the coming Select a Reply Template dialog box, please select the User Templates in File System from the Look In drop down list, select the message template you created in Step 2, and click the Open button. See screenshot:
11. Now you get back to the third Rules Wizard dialog box, please click the Next button.
12. In the fourth Rules Wizard dialog box, please check the except with specific words in the sender’s address option, and click the text of specific words. See screenshot:
13. In the opening Search Text dialog box, please type the domain of your company/organization in the first box, click the Add button, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
14. Now click the Next button to get into the last Rules Wizard dialog box. Please name the new rule in the Step 1 box, check options as you need in the Step 2 section, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
15. Click the OK button in the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
From now on, Microsoft Outlook will reply all incoming emails from outside organizations automatically.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThanks for the tutorial, but this doesn't run unless Outlook is open. How do I get this to run even when Outlook is closed? Why can't Microsoft build this into Outlook, this is stupid, i'm on Outlook 2016 and there still isn't an option for this? Come on Microsoft!