How to change an appointment to meeting and vice versa in Outlook?
In Outlook, we all know both appointments and meetings are placed in calendar folders, but they are different. Do you know how to convert between the appointments and meetings? Below methods will introduce easy tricks to change an appointment to meeting, and change meetings to appointments in Outlook calendars as well.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will walk you through inviting meeting attendees for an appointment and convert the appointment to a meeting in Outlook.
1. Shift to the Calendar view, right click the appointment you will convert to a meeting in Calendar, and then select the Invite Attendees from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Now a meeting window is opening with selected appointment’s content. Please click the To button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Select Attendees and Resources dialog box, please select contacts you will invite as attendees, click Required/Optional/Resources button as you need, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent contacts by clicking each contact; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent contacts by clicking the first contact and the last one.
4. Now you go back to the meeting window, please edit the meeting content and click the Send button.
So far we have converted the selected appointment to a meeting and sent to specified attendees already.
This method will introduce a VBA to convert selected meetings to appointments in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Calendar view, and click to select the meetings you will convert to appointment in Calendar.
2. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and then paste below VBA code into the new Module window.
VBA: Convert meeting to appointments in Outlook
Sub Meetings2Appointments() Dim sWindowType As String Dim oItem As Object sWindowType = TypeName(Application.ActiveWindow) Select Case sWindowType Case "Explorer" If Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Count > 0 Then For Each oItem In Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection Debug.Print oItem.Class If oItem.Class = olAppointment Then If oItem.MeetingStatus <> olNonMeeting Then Call Meeting2Appointment(oItem) End If End If Next End If Case "Inspector" Set oItem = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem If oItem.Class = olAppointment Then If oItem.MeetingStatus <> olNonMeeting Then Call Meeting2Appointment(oItem) End If End If End Select Set oItem = Nothing End Sub Sub Meeting2Appointment(oMeeting As Outlook.AppointmentItem) With oMeeting ' remove all recipients Do Until .Recipients.Count = 0 .Recipients.Remove 1 Loop ' reset meeting status .MeetingStatus = olNonMeeting .Save End With End Sub
4. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to exculpate this VBA.
And now all selected meetings are converted to appointments in Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.