How to export GAL (Global Address List) to CSV file in Outlook?
We can easily to apply the Import and Export feature and follow the wizard to export a contact folder to a CSV file in Outlook. But, how to export a virtual folder of Global Address List to CSV file Outlook? Below method may help you.
- Export GAL (Global Address List) to CSV file with Import and Export feature
- Export GAL (Global Address List) to CSV file with Contact Group
Please follow below steps to export the Global Address List to a CSV file in Outlook.
1. Shift to contact view, and create a new contact folder with right clicking the default contact folder and selecting New Folder from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create New Folder dialog box, type a name for the new folder into the Name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
Note: In our case, we name the new folder as Temporary.
3. Repeat above Step 1 and Step 2 to create another new contact folder and name as GAL.
4. Go into the default contact folder, select all contacts in it, and drag to the new Temporary folder.
Note: To select all contacts in a contact folder, please select one contact in the folder firstly, and then press the Ctrl + A keys at the same time.
And now the default contact folder is empty.
5. Click Home > Address Book.
6. In the opening Address Book, please:
(1) Specify the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list;
(2) Holding the Shift key and click the first contact and the last one to select all contacts, right click and select Add to Contacts from the right clicking menu.
Now all contacts in the Global Address List are added into the default contact folder. Please close the Address Book dialog box.
7. Go to the default contact folder, select all contacts in it, and drag to the new GAL folder.
8. Click File > Open & Export > Import/Export or File > Open > Import.
9. In the Import and Export Wizard, please click to select the Export to a file option, and click the Next button.
10. In the first Export to a File dialog box, please click to select the Comma Separated Values option, and click the Next button.
11. In the second Export to a File dialog box, please click to select the GAL folder, and click the Next button.
12. In the third Export to a File dialog box, please (see screenshot below):
(1) Click the Browse button;
(2) In the Browse dialog box, specify a destination folder to save the CSV file, name the CSV file in the File name box, and click the OK button;
(3) Click the Next button.
13. In the last Export to a File dialog box, please click the Finish button.
So far we have exported all contacts in the Global Address List in Outlook to an individual CSV file already.
(1) Please remember to restore original contacts in the default contact folder: shift to the Temporary folder, select all contacts, and drag to the default contact folder.
(2) Delete the Temporary folder as you need.
This method will introduce a roundabout way to export the Global Address List to csv file with a new contact group in Outlook.
1. In the People (or Contacts) view, create a new contact group with clicking Home > New Contact Group.
2. In the new Contact Group window, name the new contact group as Global Address List in the Name box, and then click Contact Group > Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Select Members dialog box, please:
(1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list;
(2) Holding the Shift key, and select all contacts with clicking the first contact and the last one;
(3) Click the Members button, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now all contacts in the Global Address List have been added as members of the new contact group.
4. Go back to the Contact Group window, and click File > Save As.
5. In the Save As dialog box, please:
(1) Open the destination folder you will save the contact group into;
(2) Name the contact group in the File name box;
(3) Select the Text Only (*.txt) from the Save as type drop down list;
(4) Click the Save button.
6. Now open the new Txt file, copy all data about the contact group members from it, and paste into a new workbook.
7. Save the new workbook as a CSV file with clicking File > Save As.
8. In the Save As dialog box, please:
(1) Open the destination folder you will save the new CSV file into;
(2) Type a name for the new CSV file into the File name box;
(3) Select the CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) from the Save as type drop down list;
(4) Click the Save button.
So far, you have saved the Global Address List as a CSV file already.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agovery usefull
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agonice with the KMS files there showing you dint pay for windows.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoAwesome. Thank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis was SO helpful! Much appreciated!