How to change/reset account password in Outlook?
Let’s say you have added a Gmail account in Outlook before. Now you change this Gmail account’s login password online, and you have to change this Gmail account’s password in Outlook accordingly for continually receiving and sending emails via it. On the other hand, you can also change the password about accessing Outlook data file of an email account in Outlook. This article provides ways to change both kinds of passwords in Outlook:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you need to change the login password of an Internet email account in Outlook whose login password you have changed online already, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings to open the Account Settings dialog box.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, please click to highlight the email account whose login password you will change, and then click the Change button. See screenshot:
3. In the Change Account dialog box, please clear the old password from the Password box, type the new login password into it, and click the Next button.
Note: If you do not want to test the login password and other email account settings, please uncheck the Automatically test account settings when Next is clicked option.
4. Now the Test Account Settings dialog box comes out. After testing completes, please click the Close button.
5. Click the Finish button to save the new password, and then close the Account Settings dialog box.
Up to now, the specified email account’s login password has been changed in Outlook.
Sometimes, you may set a password to access one email account’s Outlook data file in Outlook. For changing this kind of accessing password in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, right click the email account in the Navigation pane, and then select the Data File Properties from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, please click the Advanced button. See screenshot below.
3. Now you get into the Outlook Data File dialog box. Please click the Change Password button. See screenshot below:
4. In the popping up Change Password dialog box, please type the original password into the Old password box, and type the new password into both New password box and Verify password box. See screenshot above:
Note: It’s optional to check the Save this password in your password list option in the Change Password dialog box.
5. Click OK > OK > OK in the dialog boxes to save the new password.
So far the password for accessing Outlook data file of the specified email account has been changed.
Note: This method can only add or change accessing password to the Outlook data file of POP3 email accounts.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.