How to move/copy emails from one account to another in Outlook?
For example you add a new email account in Outlook, and you need to move all emails from the old email account to the new one, how could you solve it? This article is talking about moving or copying emails form one account to another in Outlook.
|Move/copy emails from one POP email account to another in Outlook|
|Copy/forward emails from one email account in Outlook to Gmail account|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method is talking about moving all existing emails and incoming emails in future from one POP email account to another one in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, right click the email account whose emails you will move, and select the Open File Location from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. Close Microsoft Outlook. And go to the opening folder, right clicking the Outlook data file of the specified email account, and then select Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. Go to the desktop, and press the Ctrl + V keys to paste the Outlook data file on desktop.
4. Start Microsoft Outlook. And then click File > Open & Export (or Open) > Import/Export.
5. In the opening Import and Export Wizard, please click to highlight the Import from another program or file option, and click the Next button.
6. In the Import a File dialog box, please click to highlight the Outlook Data File (.pst) option, and click the Next button.
7. Now in the Import Outlook Data File dialog box, please click the Browse button.
8. In the popping out Open Outlook Data Files dialog box, please:
(1) Open the Desktop folder (or other folder you pasted the Outlook data file in just now);
(2) Click to select the Outlook data file of the specified email account;
(3) Click the Open button and Next buttons successively.
9. In the new Import Outlook Data File dialog box, please (See screenshot below):
(1) Click to highlight the Outlook data file you specified just now in the Select the folder to import from section;
(2) Check the Import items into the same folder in option, and select the new email account you will move emails into from below drop down list;
(3) Click the Finish button.
And now all emails are moved from old email account to the new email account’s folders.
If you want to receive all incoming emails of one POP email account in another email account’ Inbox folder, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. In the opening Account Settings dialog box, please go to the E-mail tab, click to highlight the old email account, and then click the Change Folder button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening New E-mail Delivery Location dialog box, please click to highlight the Inbox of new email account you will move emails into, and click the OK button. See screenshot above.
4. Click the OK button in the Account Settings dialog box.
From now on, you will receive all incoming emails of the old email account in the Inbox of new email account in outlook.
Note: This method works with POP emails account, and both POP email accounts must have been added in Outlook before above operation.
Let’s say you want to copy all emails from one email account in Outlook to your Gmail account which you don’t add in Outlook, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Forward (Multiple Mails) feature to copy all existing emails to Gmail, or apply the (Automatic) Forward feature to copy incoming emails to Gmail.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
With Kutools for Outlook’s Forward (Multiple Mails) feature, you can quickly forward all or multiple emails to any email account separately in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, open one mail folder of the specified email account you will move emails from, and then select all emails in this mail folder.
Tip: For selecting all emails in a mail folder, please select the first email in the mail list, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + End keys simultaneously.
Now all selected emails in the specified email account will be forwarded to your Gmail account separately.
For copying or forwarding all incoming emails from one email account in Outlook to your Gmail account automatically, please apply Kutools for Outlook’s (Automatic) Forward feature.
1. Click Kutools > Forward (in the Automatic group) > Enable Auto Forward to open the Auto Forward Settings dialog box.
Note: If there is a checkmark before Enable Auto Forward in the Forward drop down list, please click Kutools > Forward > Auto Forward Manager to open the Auto Forward Settings dialog box.
3. In the new popping out Auto Forward dialog box, please: (1) Name the rule in the Rule Name box; (2) Specify your Gmail address as recipient; (3) Check the All receiving emails option; (4) Click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the Auto Forward Settings dialog box.
From now on, all receiving emails will be automatically forwarded to your Gmail account.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.