How to add disclaimer signature/text/footer in emails in Outlook?
You may receive emails with disclaimer footer frequently in Outlook. Do you know how to add disclaimer signature/text/footer into emails automatically? There are several solutions:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will walk you through creating a new signature with disclaimer in Outlook, and then specify this signature for all new emails in a certain email account. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, please click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the new opening Message window, please click Insert > Signature > Signatures. See screenshot:
3. Now you get into the Signatures and Stationery dialog box. Please click the New button on the E-mail signature tab; and then in the popping New Signature dialog box please type Disclaimer (or any other name as you need) and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now we have created a blank disclaimer signature in Outlook.
4. In the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, please: (1) Specify the email account you will apply this disclaimer signature to in the E-mail account drop down list; (2) Select the new disclaimer signature from the New messages drop down list; (3) enter or paste the disclaimer content into the Edit signature box; (4) Click the OK button to save the settings.
5. Close the message window without saving.
From now on, the disclaimer signature will be added automatically when you create a new email in the specified email account.
This method will guide you to create a new quick steps with disclaimer footer/text in Outlook for automatically adding disclaimer footer/text into new emails of specified email account.
1. Select any folder or email in the email account that you will add disclaimer footer/text into new emails, and click Home > Create New in the Quick Steps group. See screenshot:
2. In the Edit Quick Step dialog box, please: (1) Type a name for new quick steps in the Name box; (2) Choose the New Message from the Actions drop down list; (3) Click the Show Options to expand the action options. See screenshot:
3. Now type the disclaimer text into the Text box, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
Now the quick steps with disclaimer is created. When clicking the quick steps with disclaimer in the Quick Steps group on Home tab, a new email is created with the disclaimer footer/text. See screenshot:
Note: This Quick Steps method can only work within the specified email account.
If you want to automatically add the disclaimer signature/text/footer into all new emails of all emails accounts, please try Kutools for Outlook’s Options.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Click Kutools > Options to open the Options dialog box. See screenshot below:
2. In the opening Options dialog box, please check the Add date signature when new email option on the New tab, type the disclaimer content into below box, and click the OK button. See screenshot above:
From now on, no matter which email account you create new emails within, the disclaimer footer will be inserted automatically at the bottom of message body.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.