How to zip attachments automatically in Outlook?
For example, you are going to add several attachments in your email in Outlook, and the total size of attachments may be too large to send them quickly. Therefore, you need to reduce these attachments’ sizes before sending. Zipping is a good way. But how to zip these attachments? And how about automatically zipping these attachments? Try below solutions:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Actually there is no way to directly zip attachments in emails in Outlook. However, we can zip files you will attach in emails firstly, and then attach the zipped files in emails.
1. Go to the folder containing the files you will attach in email.
2. Select the files you will attach, right click and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent files by clicking one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent files by clicking the first one and the last one.
Now all selected files are compressed as one compressed (zipped) folder.
2. Right click the compressed (zipped) folder, and select Send to > Mail recipient from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. Now the compressed (zipped) folder is attached in a new email as below screenshot shown. Please compose the email and send it.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Auto compress all outing attachments option and Auto compress all receiving attachments option to automatically zip all attachments in all outgoing emails and all incoming emails in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Click Kutools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Attachment Options dialog box, please check the Auto compress all outing attachments option and Auto compress all receiving attachments option on the Compress tab, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, all attachments in outgoing emails and incoming emails will be automatically zipped when sending and receiving in Outlook.
Note: You can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Compress All (Attachments) feature to quickly zip all attachments in multiple received emails in Outlook. On the contrary, the Uncompress All (Attachments) feature can undo zipping attachments.
Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.