How to zip attachments automatically in Outlook?
For example, you are going to add several attachments in your email in Outlook, and the total size of attachments may be too large to send them quickly. Therefore, you need to reduce these attachments’ sizes before sending. Zipping is a good way. But how to zip these attachments? And how about automatically zipping these attachments? Try below solutions:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Actually there is no way to directly zip attachments in emails in Outlook. However, we can zip files you will attach in emails firstly, and then attach the zipped files in emails.
1. Go to the folder containing the files you will attach in email.
2. Select the files you will attach, right click and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent files by clicking one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent files by clicking the first one and the last one.
Now all selected files are compressed as one compressed (zipped) folder.
2. Right click the compressed (zipped) folder, and select Send to > Mail recipient from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. Now the compressed (zipped) folder is attached in a new email as below screenshot shown. Please compose the email and send it.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Auto compress all outing attachments option and Auto compress all receiving attachments option to automatically zip all attachments in all outgoing emails and all incoming emails in Outlook.
1. Click Kutools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Attachment Options dialog box, please check the Auto compress all outing attachments option and Auto compress all receiving attachments option on the Compress tab, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, all attachments in outgoing emails and incoming emails will be automatically zipped when sending and receiving in Outlook.
Note: You can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Compress All (Attachments) feature to quickly zip all attachments in multiple received emails in Outlook. On the contrary, the Uncompress All (Attachments) feature can undo zipping attachments.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.