How to open attachments without always asking in Outlook?
When we double click an attachment in the Attachment Bar to open this attachment in Outlook, it always pops up the Opening Mail Attachment dialog box as below screenshot shown. And the Always ask before opening this type of file option in the dialog box is gray and invalid. Therefore, how could you open attachments without asking in Outlook? Below solution will help you fix it.
Please follow below steps to prevent Outlook from always asking when opening attachments in Outlook.
1. Close your Microsoft Outlook.
2. Restart your Microsoft Outlook as administer. Click to know more about running Outlook as admin.
In Windows 10, please click the Search button in the Task Bar, type Outlook into Search box, and then click the Outlook program with holding the Ctrl + Shift keys. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
Now you get into the Microsoft Outlook as administer.
4. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the email with the specified type of attachments, open the email in Reading Pane, and then double click the specified type of attachment in the Attachment Bar. See screenshot:
5. In the popping up Opening Mail Attachment dialog box, please uncheck the Always ask before opening this type of file option, and click the Open button. See screenshot:
6. Restart the Microsoft Outlook as normal.
From now one, the specified type of attachments will open directly when you double click them in the Attachment Bar, and the Opening Mail Attachment dialog box won’t come out never.
Note: If you have enabled the Protect View for Outlook attachments (File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Protected View > Enable Protected View for Outlook Attachments) in corresponding Microsoft Office programs, says Microsoft Word, the Opening Mail Attachment dialog box won’t come out too. However, the attachments will be opened in Protected View.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIt works but only until the next Outlook update. Then you have to go in and do this fix again.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoworked, tnx a lot..
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoa potem następuje aktualizacja win i od nowa, co tydzień to samo....