How to add multiple emails’ senders to distribution list (contact group) in Outlook?
You may know how to add one email’s sender as a contact in Outlook, but how about adding one email’s sender as a member of distribution list (contact group) directly? And what if adding multiple emails’ senders to one or multiple distribution lists (contact groups) in Outlook? Below solutions will help you work easily!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
If you need to add one email’s sender to a distribution (contact group), please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the specified email, and then click to open the email in the Reading Pane.
2. Go to the Reading Pane, right click the sender in the message header, and select Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. Go to the People (or Contacts) view, double click the distribution list (contact group) to open it.
4. In the opening Contact Group window, please click Contact Group > Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
5. In the opening Select Members dialog box, paste the sender’s address in the Members box with pressing Ctrl + V keys simultaneously, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Now you return to the Contact Group window, please click Contact Group > Save & Close button.
So far, the specified email’s sender has been added into the specified distribution list (contact group).
If you need to add multiple emails’ senders to a distribution list (contact group), above method will take much time to add each sender to a distribution list one by one. Take it easy! This method will introduce Kutools for Outlook’s Add to Group feature to add multiple emails’ senders to one/multiple distribution lists (contact groups) in bulk.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the specified emails whose senders you will add to distribution list (contact group), and then select these emails in the mail list.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. Click Kutools > Add to Group.
3. In the opening Add Recipients to Contact Groups dialog box, please (view screenshot below):
(1) In the Recipients box, please check the senders you will add to distribution list (contact group) by right-clicking menu;
(2) In the Contact Groups box, please check the distribution lists (contact groups) you will add the senders to;
(3) Click the OK button.
So far all selected emails’ senders have been added to the specified distribution lists (contact groups).
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.