How to add multiple emails’ senders to distribution list (contact group) in Outlook?
You may know how to add one email’s sender as a contact in Outlook, but how about adding one email’s sender as a member of distribution list (contact group) directly? And what if adding multiple emails’ senders to one or multiple distribution lists (contact groups) in Outlook? Below solutions will help you work easily!
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you need to add one email’s sender to a distribution (contact group), please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the specified email, and then click to open the email in the Reading Pane.
2. Go to the Reading Pane, right click the sender in the message header, and select Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
3. Go to the People (or Contacts) view, double click the distribution list (contact group) to open it.
4. In the opening Contact Group window, please click Contact Group > Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
5. In the opening Select Members dialog box, paste the sender’s address in the Members box with pressing Ctrl + V keys simultaneously, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Now you return to the Contact Group window, please click Contact Group > Save & Close button.
So far, the specified email’s sender has been added into the specified distribution list (contact group).
If you need to add multiple emails’ senders to a distribution list (contact group), above method will take much time to add each sender to a distribution list one by one. Take it easy! This method will introduce Kutools for Outlook’s Add to Group feature to add multiple emails’ senders to one/multiple distribution lists (contact groups) in bulk.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the specified emails whose senders you will add to distribution list (contact group), and then select these emails in the mail list.
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. Click Kutools > Add to Group.
3. In the opening Add Recipients to Contact Groups dialog box, please (view screenshot below):
(1) In the Recipients box, please check the senders you will add to distribution list (contact group) by right-clicking menu;
(2) In the Contact Groups box, please check the distribution lists (contact groups) you will add the senders to;
(3) Click the OK button.
So far all selected emails’ senders have been added to the specified distribution lists (contact groups).Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.