How to insert and view animated GIF images in Outlook email?
Let’s say your email’s recipients are likely to view the email in an Internet Browser, you can insert an animated GIF image in the email for the sake of visual description or others. Here, this article will introduce the ways to insert animated GIF images in Outlook emails, and view animated GIF images in received emails in Outlook.
- Insert an animated GIF image in an outgoing email in Outlook
- View an animated GIF image in a received email in Outlook
- View an animated Gif image in a received email with Kutools for Outlook
Actually, you can insert an animated GIF image as easy as inserting any normal image in a composing email in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New E-mail.
2. In the new Message window, please place the cursor in the message body where you will insert the animated GIF image, and click Insert > Pictures. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Insert Picture dialog box, please find out and select the animated GIF image you will insert, and click the Insert button. See screenshot:
Note: The inserted animated GIF image will be static in the composing email.
4. Compose the email and send it.
Note: When the recipients viewing the email in browsers, the GIF image is animated; If recipients view the email in Outlook, they can view the animated GIF image with below methods.
For example, you receive an email with an animated GIF image in Outlook, you can view the GIF image as below steps:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the email with animated GIF image, and then double click to open it.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > View in Browser. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the OK button.
And now the email content is displaying in your browser, and the GIF image is animated.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can view the email with animated GIF image by its Advanced Print feature.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the email with animated GIF image, and then click to select the email.
Note: With Kutools for Outlook’s Advanced Print feature, you can easily print an email without its message header, without user name at the top. BTW, this feature will print out the email's include background images too.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.