How to insert and view animated GIF images in Outlook email?
Let’s say your email’s recipients are likely to view the email in an Internet Browser, you can insert an animated GIF image in the email for the sake of visual description or others. Here, this article will introduce the ways to insert animated GIF images in Outlook emails, and view animated GIF images in received emails in Outlook.
- Insert an animated GIF image in an outgoing email in Outlook
- View an animated GIF image in a received email in Outlook
- View an animated Gif image in a received email with Kutools for Outlook
Actually, you can insert an animated GIF image as easy as inserting any normal image in a composing email in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New E-mail.
2. In the new Message window, please place the cursor in the message body where you will insert the animated GIF image, and click Insert > Pictures. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Insert Picture dialog box, please find out and select the animated GIF image you will insert, and click the Insert button. See screenshot:
Note: The inserted animated GIF image will be static in the composing email.
4. Compose the email and send it.
Note: When the recipients viewing the email in browsers, the GIF image is animated; If recipients view the email in Outlook, they can view the animated GIF image with below methods.
For example, you receive an email with an animated GIF image in Outlook, you can view the GIF image as below steps:
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the email with animated GIF image, and then double click to open it.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > View in Browser. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the OK button.
And now the email content is displaying in your browser, and the GIF image is animated.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can view the email with animated GIF image by its Advanced Print feature.
1. In the Mail view, open the mail folder containing the email with animated GIF image, and then click to select the email.
Note: With Kutools for Outlook’s Advanced Print feature, you can easily print an email without its message header, without user name at the top. BTW, this feature will print out the email's include background images too.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoWorked for me (view in the browser option)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoEven the workaround doesn't work. "View in browser" results in "Can't reach this page"
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agovery usefull thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAmen Corey it is freaking trash was going to upload a gif myself thought I would google it first to make sure no surprise there. Work makes us this trash.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhat a piece of junk! Is Microsoft the only one to make an email client that can't view animated gifs natively? Honestly, why does anyone use this trash?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSo true. why does anyone still use Microsoft Outlook??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agowork :-(