How to get the file location of Outlook templates (.oft files)?
Let’s say you have created many Outlook templates before, and now you need to export them, how could you get it done? If you can get the file location of these Outlook templates, it will be quite easy to export. And this article is talking about tricks on getting Outlook templates’ file location.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you can remember the folder path of templates folder, you can get the file location of Outlook templates quickly as follows:
Open the file explorer, copy and paste the folder path %AppData%\Microsoft\Templates into the Address box, and press the Enter key.
And now it opens the folder containing all kinds of office templates, including Outlook templates.
If you can’t remember the folder path of templates folder clearly, you can get the file location of Outlook templates with below steps:
1. In Outlook, select an email, and click File > Save As.
2. In the opening Save As dialog box, please select Outlook Template (*.oft) from the Save as type drop down list.
3. Now the template folder is opening in the Save As dialog box. Please select and copy the folder path in the Address box, and then close the Save As dialog box.
4. Open the file explorer, paste the copied folder path in the Address box, and press the Enter key.
And now it opens the template folder, and you will view all Outlook templates within it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.