How to archive last year’s emails in Outlook?
In general, Outlook can archive all emails modified before a certain date in specified folders, for example archive all emails modified before 2016/8/1 in the Inbox folder. But sometimes, you may need to archive emails received in a certain date range, says received last year, how to get it done? This article will show you the solution:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
You can follow below steps to archive all emails you received in last year in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, press the Ctrl + E keys simultaneous to activate the Search Tools, and then click Search > This Week > Last Year. See screenshot:
Note: If necessary, you can change the search scope in the Scope group on the Search tab.
2. Now all emails received in last year are found out and listed in the mail list. Select all of search results, right click and select Move > Other Folder from the context menu. See screenshot:
Note: You can select all emails in the mail list with selecting any email and pressing Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
3. Now in the Move Items dialog box, please click the New button. See screenshot below:
4. In the Create New Folder dialog box, please type a name for the new folder in the Name box, click an email account name in the Select where to place the folder box, and finial click the OK buttons to close both dialog boxes. See screenshot above:
Now all search results are moved to the new mail folder.
5. Click File > Info > Tools > Clean Up Old Items (or File > Info > Cleanup Tools > Archive). See screenshot:
6. Now the Archive dialog box comes out. Please do as below screenshot shown:
(1) Check the Archive this folder and all subfolders option;
(2) Select the new folder you moved all search results in just now in the below list box;
(3) Type Tomorrow in the Archive items older than box;
(4) Click the Browse button to specify save location and file name for the archive file;
(5) Click the OK button.
7. Now a warning dialog box comes out and reminds you it will archive all items in the selected folder. Please click the Yes button to go ahead.
Now all emails in the selected folder are archived. In other words, all emails received in last year are archived.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.