How to archive emails by year/month/date in Outlook?
This article is talking about archiving emails by a certain month, year, or date in Outlook.
For example I need to archive emails received in May, I will show you the detailed steps to archive by the specified month/date/year in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, type the search criteria received: May in the Instant Search box, and then specify the search scope in the Scope group on the Search tab. See screenshot:
Notes: (1) received: May means search emails received in May, you can change the May to other month name, such as Jan, Feb, etc.
(2) received: May means search emails received in May of any years. If you need to narrow the search scope and search emails in May of a certain year, such as 2016, you can change the search criteria to received: 2016/5/1..2016/5/31.
(3) For searching emails by a certain year, says 2015, please change the search criteria to received: 2015/1/1..2015/12/31.
(4) For searching emails by a certain date, says 2016/5/1, please change the search criteria to received: 2016/5/1.
2. Now all emails received in the specified month are found out in the mail list. Please select all search results, right click and select Move > Other Folder. See screenshot:
Note: You can select all emails in the mail list with selecting any email in the mail list and pressing Ctrl + A keys.
3. In the Move Items dialog box, please click the New button. See screenshot below:
4. In the Create New Folder dialog box, please type a name (May in my case) for the new folder in the Name box, select an email account in the Select where to place the folder list box, and click the OK buttons to close both dialog boxes.
5. Now all search results are moved to the new Folder May. Go ahead to click File > Info > Tools > Clean Up Older Items (or File > Info > Cleanup Tools > Archive). See screenshot:
6. In the Archive dialog box, please do as below screenshot shown:
(1) Check the Archive this folder and all subfolders option;
(2) Click to select the new folder May in the below list box;
(3) Type Tomorrow in the Archive Items older than box;
(4) Click the Browse button to specify file name and saving folder for the archive file;
(5) Click the OK button.
7. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button.
So far emails have been archived by the specified month (or year, date) already.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.