How to reply with my name brackets or sender name in Outlook?
This article is talking about replying with name in Outlook, which includes replying with username before inline comment, replying with username before comment, and replying with sender name as auto greeting.
- Reply with name brackets by inline comment in Outlook
- Reply with name by comment in Outlook
- Reply with sender name in Outlook
You can enable the inline comment feature in Outlook, and add your username or other custom strings into replying message within brackets. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, check the preface comments with options in the Replies and forwards section, and type your username or custom strings into the following box. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to close the Outlook Options dialog box.
From now on, when replying an email in Outlook, the specified username or custom strings embraced with brackets will be inserted automatically only if you type inline comments amount original message. See screenshot:
If you are working in Outlook 2010 with Kutools for Outlook installed, you can reply with comment which contains your username.
1. In the Mail view, select the email you will reply, and click Home > Reply.
2. In the replying message window, select the content as you need, and click Kutools > New Comment.
And now a comment is added besides message body, and your username is added at the beginning of comment. See screenshot:
3. Compose the replying message and send it.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can also reply with sender name as auto greeting in replying messages. Please do as follows:
1. Click Kutools > Options.
2. In the opening Options dialog box, go to the Reply tab, check the Add greeting when reply option in the Greeting section, type Hi <<SenderName>>, into below box, and click the OK button. See screenshot above.
3. In the Mail view, select the email you will reply, and click Home > Reply.
And now Hello SenderName (SenderName will be replaced with you selected email’s sender name) is added at the top of message body. See screenshot.
4. Please compose the replying message and send it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.