How to reply with quoting original message in Outlook?
When replying an email in Outlook, the original email will be added at the bottom of replying email automatically. And this article will guide you to add quote marks around original email to mimic quoting.
- Reply with quoting original message in Outlook
- Reply with quoting a selection of original message in Outlook
This method will guide you to configure Outlook options and add prefix line for original message in replying message to mimic quoting in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, go to the Replies and forwards section, and then select Prefix each line of the original message from the When replying to a message drop down list. See screenshot:
3.Click the OK button to close the Outlook options dialog box.
From now on, when replying an email in Outlook, it will automatically quote original message with adding a blue line before it in the replying message. See screenshot:
Sometimes, you may need to quote only a part of original message in the replying message. Of course you can delete unnecessary content manually. But, here I will introduce Kutools for Outlook’s Reply Selection feature to help you reply with quoting a selection of original message easily.
1. Follow step 1-3 in above method to enable the Prefix each line of the original message option from the When replying to a message drop down list in Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Mail view, double click to open the email you will reply.
4. Now only the selection is quoted in the replying message. Please compose and send the replying message.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.