How to reply without images of original email in Outlook?
Let’s say you received a HTML email with many inline images in Outlook, and now you need to reply this email. The inline images are so many that the replying message is long and big. To avoid this situation, you may need to remove original email’s inline images. But how? This article will show a tricky way to reply without images of original email in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to reply an email without the inline images of original email in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, double click to open the email you need to reply without inline images in Message window.
2. In the Message window, please click Message > Actions > Edit Message. See screenshot:
3. Now click Format Text > Plain Text to change currently opening HTML email to Plain Text.
4. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook Compatibility Checker dialog box, please click the Continue button. See screenshot:
Now the currently opening email is changed to Plain Text, and all inline images and formats are removed from it.
5. Go ahead to press the Ctrl + S keys to save the currently opening message, and then close the Message window.
6. Now you return to the Mail view of Outlook. Keep selecting the email, and click Home > Reply or Reply All. See screenshot:
7. The replying message is opening as Plain Text which does not support inline images, formatting, etc. Please click Format Text > HTML to change it to HTML, finally compose and send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.