How to send emails x minutes/hours later in Outlook?
This article is talking about deferring delivery of one email in Outlook, and automatically deferring deliveries of all emails in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to configure a composing email’s properties for delaying its delivery. Please do as follows:
1. After composing the email you will send later, please click Options > Delay Delivery. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, go to the Delivery Options section, check the Do not deliver before option, and then specify the proper delivery date and time as you need in the right boxes. See screenshot:
3. Click the Close button to close the dialog box. And then send this email.
And now you will see the sent email is hung in the Outbox folder until the specified delivery date and time. See screenshot:
This method will guide you to create a rule to delay the delivery of all sent emails in Outlook. Please follow below steps:
1. Click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts to open the Rules and Alerts dialog box. See screenshot:
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Rules Wizard comes out. Please select the Apply rule on messages I send option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. Now in the Rules Wizard (select conditions), please click the Next button directly without checking any options, and then click the Yes button in the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box. See screenshot:
5. Now in the Rules Wizard (select actions), please do as follows:
(1) Check the defer delivery by a number of minutes option in the Step 1 section;
(2) Click the linked text of a number of in the Step 2 section;
(3) Type the number of minutes you want to defer delivery of emails in the Deferred Delivery dialog box, and click the OK button.
(4) Click the Next button.
6. Please click the Next button directly in the Rules Wizard (select exceptions).
7. Now in the last Rules Wizard, please:
(1) Type a name for this rule in the Step 1 box;
(2) Check the Turn on this rule option in the Step 2 section;
(3) Click the Finish button.
8. Click the OK button in the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box. And then close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
From now on, the deliveries of all emails you send will be deferred automatically in Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.