How to color code appointments in Outlook calendar?
For the sake of outstanding an item in Outlook, the most common way is to highlight it with color categories. So do appointments in Outlook calendar. This article will introduce two ways to color code appointments in Outlook calendar.
If you need to highlight only one appointment in Outlook calendar, you can add color code for the appointment as follows:
In the Calendar view, right click the appointment you will color code, select categorize, and then select a color category as you need in the context menu. See screenshot:
If you need to add multiple color categories for the appointment at the same time, please (1) right click the appointment, (2) select Categorize > All Categories from the context menu; (3) in the Color Categories dialog box check multiple color categories as you need, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
If you want to automatically highlight multiple appointments if meeting specified criteria in an Outlook calendar, you can color code these appointments with conditional formatting as follows:
1. In the Calendar view, select the calendar you will automatically highlight appointments, and click View > View Settings.
2. In the opening Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Conditional Formatting button.
3. Now you get into the Conditional Formatting dialog box, please do as following screenshot shown:
(1) Click the Add button;
(2) Type a name for the now color rule in the Name box;
(3) Specify a color from the Color drop down list;
(4) Click the Condition button.
4. In the Filter dialog box, please add the specified filter criteria that you will automatically highlight appointments based on.
In my example, I set the filer criteria as subject contains the specified text of test, see screenshot:
5. Click OK buttons successively to close all dialog boxes.
And now all appointments meeting the specified filter criteria have been highlighted with your selected color automatically. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.