How to remove an email from conversation group in Outlook?
Let’s say you have discussed a sale contract with a customer via Outlook emails forth and back, and all emails about this contract are grouped in one conversation automatically. But now, another customer sends a sale contract to you with same subject as the first one, and this email will also be grouped to the conversation too. In this situation, how could you remove the email from the specified conversation in Outlook? Below workaround will ease your work!
Emails in a conversation contain the same subject ignoring the default prefix of re, fw, etc. Therefore, if we change an email’s subject line, this email will be removed from the specified conversation.
1. In the Mail view, double click to open the email that you want to remove from the specified conversation.
2. Now the email is opening in the Message window. Please click the button to expand the message header. See screenshot:
Note: In Outlook 2013 or earlier versions, the message header displays completely by default. Please skip to next step directly.
3. Now you can change the email’s subject line as you need. After changing, please save the email and close the message window.
When you return to the message list, you will see the specified email has been removed from the conversation already. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.