How to automatically expand all folders when starting Outlook?
Generally speaking, if you expand or collapse a folder on the Navigation Pane and then close the Outlook, the folder will remain expanding or collapsing when restarting Outlook. But now, is there a way to expand all folders automatically when starting Outlook? This article will introduce a VBA to complete the task.
This method will introduce a VBA to automatically expand all folders on the Navigation Pane when you start Outlook. Please apply this VBA as follows:
1. Press Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Expand the Project 1 and Microsoft Outlook Objects in the Project pane, double click to open the ThisOutlookSession window, and then paste below VBA code into it.
VBA: Automatically expand all folders in Outlook
Private Sub Application_Startup() ExpandAllFolders End Sub Private Sub ExpandAllFolders() On Error Resume Next Dim Ns As Outlook.NameSpace Dim Folders As Outlook.Folders Dim CurrF As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim F As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim ExpandDefaultStoreOnly As Boolean ExpandDefaultStoreOnly = False Set Ns = Application.GetNamespace("Mapi") Set CurrF = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder If ExpandDefaultStoreOnly = True Then Set F = Ns.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) Set F = F.Parent Set Folders = F.Folders LoopFolders Folders, True Else LoopFolders Ns.Folders, True End If DoEvents Set Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder = CurrF End Sub Private Sub LoopFolders(Folders As Outlook.Folders, _ ByVal bRecursive As Boolean _ ) Dim F As Outlook.MAPIFolder For Each F In Folders Set Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder = F DoEvents If bRecursive Then If F.Folders.Count Then LoopFolders F.Folders, bRecursive End If End If Next End Sub
3. Save the code and close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when restarting Outlook, all folders will be automatically expanded in Outlook.Note: This VBA cannot open the collapsed search folders when restarting Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.