How to add and delete user defined filed in a contact in Outlook?
For example, you want to add the employee ID number for a contact in Outlook, how could you do? This need you to add a custom field to achieve it. And this article will get you to add or delete user defined fields in a contact in Outlook.
For adding or deleting a user defined field in a contact in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. In the People (or Contacts) view, click View > Change View > Phone to show the contact folder in list view.
2. Double click to open the contact that you will add a custom field for, and then click Contact > All Fields. See screenshot:
3. Go ahead to select the User-defined fields in folder option from the Select from drop down list, and click the New button. (for deleting, please skip to here) See screenshot:
4. In the popping out New Column dialog box, please name the new column, specify type and format for the new column, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Now the new field has been added. Please type the data you need in the Value column. See screenshot:
Note: for deleting a user-defined fields, please (1) select User-defined fields in this item from the Select from drop down list, (2) click to select the specified user-defined field, and (3) click the Delete button. See screenshot:
6. Add or change other contact information as you need, and then click Contact > Save & Close button to save the custom fields.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoif you needed to deleted a fields list, how would you do that?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoIn my situation the 'delete' option is grayed out. Why would that be?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoFYI... this only deletes the field from the particular record you're on. The field still remains in the overall data structure.