How to insert emoji symbols (smiley faces) in subject line in Outlook?
Normally, It’s easy to insert emoji symbols into message content easily with clicking Insert > Symbol, and then you can copy the emoji symbols into subject line in Outlook. However, these emoji symbols in subject line may be not visible for your recipients if they view the email via webpage or mobile. Here, this article will introduce ways to insert emoji symbols in subject line which is visible for any email reader.
- Insert emoji symbols (smiley faces) in subject line of one email
- Automatically insert emoji symbols (smiley faces) in subject line of every new email
To insert an emoji symbol in subject line which is always visible no matter recipients read this email in webpage, mobile, or Outlook, please do as follows:
- In Windows 10, please click the Search icon at the Taskbar, type Character Map into the search box, and then click the Character Map (Desktop app) in the search results. See right screenshot:
- In Window 8, press Ctrl + Esc keys together (or Win key) to get into the start screen, next type Character Map directly, and then select the Character Map App from the search results.
- In Windows 7, please click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.
2. Now the Character Map dialog box comes out, please (1) check the Advanced View option, (2) choose Unicode Subrange from the Group by drop down list, (3) click to select Symbols & Dingbats in the popping out Group By dialog box, and finally (4) close the Group By dialog box. See screenshot below:
3. Now you return to the Character Map dialog box, please (1) click to select the emoji symbol you will insert, (2) click the Select button behind the Characters to copy box, and then (3) click the Copy button. See screenshot:
4. Now you have copied the specified emoji symbol. Shift to Outlook, and click Home > New Email to create a new email.
5. Put the cursor in the subject line, and press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the specified emoji symbol. See screenshot:
6. Compose the email as you need, and then send it.
If you want to add the specified emoji symbol in the subject line of every new email in Outlook, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Add date into subject when creating new email option to achieve it.
1. Follow the Step 1-3 we introduced in the first method to copy the specified emoji symbol.
2. In Outlook, please click Kutools > Options. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Options dialog box, (1) go to the New tab, (2) check the Add date into subject when creating new email option, (3) paste the specified emoji symbol into below box with pressing Ctrl + V keys simultaneously, and (4) click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, the specified emoji symbol will be added into the subject line of every new email automatically. And no matter recipients read the email in any email reader, the specified emoji symbol is always visible.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.