How to automatically archive attachments only in Outlook?
Generally speaking, the normally archive method will archive the whole emails from a mail folder, including emails and their attachments. But in some cases you just need to archive the attachments only, any ideas? Here, this article will introduce some methods to archive attachments only in Outlook.
If you want to archive all attachments from one email only in Outlook, you can apply the Save All Attachments feature to get it done.
1. In the Mail view, (1) click to preview the email whose attachments you want to archive, (2) click any attachment in the Reading Pane to activate the Attachment Tools, and (3) click Attachments > Save All Attachments. See screenshot:
2. In the Save All Attachments dialog box, please click the OK button directly.
3. Now the Save All Attachments dialog box comes out, please specify the destination folder you will archive the attachments into, and click the OK (or Save) button.
So far, it has archived all attachments only from the specified email already.
If you want to archive all attachments only from multiple emails in Outlook, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Detach All (attachments) to get it done easily.
1. In the Mail view, select multiple emails whose attachments you want to archive, and click Kutools > Others > Detach All. See screenshot:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. In the popping out Detach All dialog box, please click the Yes button.
(1) If you apply the Detach All (attachments) feature of Kutools for Outlook for the first time, a Brows For Folder dialog box will come out and ask you for a destination folder to save the attachments. See screenshot below:
(2) After archiving attachments only from the selected emails, these attachments will be replaced with hyperlinks in original emails, and saved into the specified destination folder too. See screenshot:
If you want to automatically archive all attachments only from every incoming email in Outlook, you can enable Kutools for Outlook’s Auto detach all receiving attachments option.
1. Click Kutools > Others > Options to open the Attachments Options dialog box.
2. In the Attachment Options dialog box, (1) go to the Detach tab, (2) check the Auto detach all receiving attachments option in the Auto Detach section, and (3) click the Browse button behind the Save Folder box. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Browse For Folder dialog box, please specify a destination folder for automatically archiving attachments, and click the OK button successively to close both dialog boxes.
From now on, each incoming email’ attachments will be automatically archived and saved into the specified destination folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.