How to not auto archive items in an Outlook folder?
When archiving a whole folder in outlook, you need to ignore some special items, how could you archive excluding them? In this article, I will introduce some solutions about not auto archiving one/multiple/all items in an Outlook folder easily.
If you need to not auto archive only one item in the folder in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Select the item (email, contact, calendar item, etc.) you do not want to archive, and press Alt + Enter keys together to open its Properties dialog box.
2. In the Properties dialog box, check the Do not AutoArchive this item option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
If you need to not auto archive multiple items in an Outlook folder, it will be time-consuming to change each item’s properties one by one. This method will guide you to add the Do not AutoArchive column in the folder, and then you can easily check for each items easily.
1. Select the folder where you will not auto archive multiple items, and click View > View Settings.
2. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, please click the Columns button.
3. In the Show Columns dialog box, (1) select All Mail fields from the Select available columns from drop down list; (2) select Do Not AutoArchive in the Available columns list box, (3) click the Add button, (4) click the Move Up or Move Down buttons to adjust the order of Do not AutoArchive column in the Show these columns in this order list box, and finally (5) click the OK button. See below screenshot:
4. Now you return to the Advanced View Settings dialog box, go ahead to click the Other Settings button.
5. In the Other Settings dialog box, check the Allow in-cell editing option, and click the OK buttons successively to close both dialog boxes.
6. Now you return to the folder, turn off the Reading Pane with clicking View > Reading Pane > Off.
7. Now you will see the Do Not AutoArchive column is added in the folder. Check the checkboxes for items that you do not want to auto archive (or click the cells in the Do Not AutoArchive column to change No to Yes). See screenshot:
If you do not auto archive all items in an Outlook folder, you can disable the AutoArchive setting for the folder easily.
1. Select the folder whose items you do not want to auto archive, right click and select Properties from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, go to the AutoArchive tab, check the Do not archive items in this folder option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
And from now on, all items in the specified folder won’t be auto archived.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.