How to hide appointment details in a shared calendar in Outlook?
For example, you have shared or will share your Outlook calendar with other Exchange users in Outlook, but you want to limit their permission and prevent them from viewing appointments details, how could you get it done? There are two solutions for you.
If you are going to share your calendar via email, but prevent the recipients from viewing the appointment details, you can do as follows in Outlook.
1. In the Calendar view, right click the calendar you will share, and select Share > Share Calendar from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Sharing invitation window, please add recipients you will share the calendar with, specify Availability only or Limited details from the Details drop down list, and click the Send button.
3. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
When recipients receive this email and open the calendar in their Outlook, they will only view the appointments without details.
Note: This method can only work with Exchange account in Outlook.
If you have granted other Exchange users permissions to view your Outlook calendar, you can hide all appointment details in the shared calendar by the Calendar permission feature.
1. In the Calendar view, right click the specified calendar you have shared with other Exchange users, and select Properties from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Calendar Properties dialog box, please go to the Permissions tab, and then: (1) Select the specified Exchange user whom you will prevent from viewing all appointment details in your shared calendar;
(2) Select Reviewer from the Permission Level drop down list;
(3) In the Read section, please check the Free/Busy time, subject, location option. See screenshot：
3. Now the permission lever of the specified Exchange user is changed to Custom. Please click the OK button to save the change.
From now on, the specified Exchange user won’t view the appointment details in the shared calendar, such as category color, etc.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.