How to undo dismiss/retrieve reminders in Outlook calendar?
Let’s say you dismiss all reminders in the Reminders Window by mistake in Outlook, and you want to undo dismiss the reminders, is there any way to retrieve them? There is no built-in feature to retrieve dismissed reminders in Outlook, but this article will introduce some tricks to solve the problem in a roundabout way.
If you want to retrieve one reminder for a specified calendar items, you can add reminder for this calendar items again in Outlook. Please do as follows:
In the Calendar view, (1) click to select the specified calendar item whose reminder you will undo dismiss to activate the Calendar Tools, and then (2) choose a new reminder from the Reminder drop down list in the Options group. See screenshot:
If you want to retrieve multiple dismissed reminders in an Outlook calendar, you need to add the Reminder column into the calendar folder, and then quickly add reminder for each calendar item with one click.
1. In the Calendar view, select the specified calendar folder where you will retrieve multiple dismissed reminders, and click View > Change View > List. See screenshot:
2. Go ahead to click View > Add Columns. See screenshot:
3. In the Show Columns dialog box, please do as below screenshot shown:
(1) Select Reminder in the Available columns list box;
(2) Click the Add button;
(3) Keep the Reminder column selected in the Show these columns in this order list box, and click Move Up or Move Down button to change its order;
(4) Click the OK button.
Now, return to the calendar folder, and you will see the Reminder column is added in the folder.
4. Type the search criteria modified: today into the Instant Search box to quickly find out all calendar items which are modified today.
5. And now click each cell in Reminder column to add reminder for every found calendar item.
Note: This method will add default reminders to all calendar items modified today.
100+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoGOLD thank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoPerfect!!!! Perfectly solved my problem.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoThank you for sharing this. I've looked for this solution many times in the past and just gave up on it because I've only ever seen 'Macro' solutions and I'm not going to that length. THIS is the solution. I would be nice if there was a simple "Undo" or CTRL+Z but this will suffice because I've needed this solution for way too long. Thanks again and well documented too!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoModified today [list][*]Modified today [/list]