- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHi Karen Robinson,
First, check your email account type. In some Exchange accounts, old emails will be removed automatically. If your email account type is exchange, you’d better contact the exchange administrator.
Second, check the AutoArchive settings. If you have enabled the AutoArchive option, the old emails may be moved to the archive folder automatically.
How to stop/prevent Outlook from auto-deleting emails?
Have you ever met emails in the Deleted Items folder are cleared automatically when exiting Outlook? Or email, calendar items, or tasks are removed automatically in regular period? Here, in this article I will introduce two solutions to stop Outlook from auto-deleting items in Deleted items folder or any specified folder in Outlook.
This method will guide you to stop Outlook from auto-deleting items in the Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Advanced in the left bar, and then uncheck the Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting Outlook option in the Outlook start and exit section. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to save the change.
From now on, the Deleted Items folder won’t be cleared automatically when exiting Outlook program.
If items are removed automatically from a certain Outlook folder in a regular period, such as appointments and meetings are deleted automatically every month, it may be caused by AutoArchive. In this condition, please go ahead with below steps:
1. Right click the specified Outlook folder, and click Properties from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, please enable the AutoArchive tab, and check the Do not archive items in this folder option. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to save the change.
Since now, the older items in the specified folder won’t be deleted automatically.
Note: This method works well for mail folders, calendar folders, and task folder as well.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoI am so angry right now, I had many very important business emails set up in folders, I went to review some this morning and DAMN everything more than one month old is GONE! I have now set up to never delete, but how do I get them back!??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHELLO EVERYONE. I HAVE SETUP MY ACCOUNT IN OUTLOOK. SEEMS LIKE WHEN I DELETE MY EMAILS ON ORIGINAL SERVER MAIL ID, THEY ALSO GET DELETED FROM MY OUTLOOK, AUTOMATIVALLY. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME THE SOLUTION ASAP! THANK YOU
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoi am also facing same problem please give any suggest
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI'm having the same problem but only certain emails are being moved to Trash and I don't see them. Please don't suggest I have rule for this. Why would I create a rule to send email I want straight to trash?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan any one help with this problem. All the emails send internally are being deleted but nothing is being deleted from a external email address. I tried all of the above but still isn't working
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Aiden,
There are numerous factors leading to emails deleted automatically. Please check:
(1) No email rule to delete/move internal emails. Click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts to view the list of rules. If such rules exist, please uncheck the rule or remove it as you need;
(2) Not Block the internal domain. Click Home > Junk > Junk E-mail Options, enable Blocked Senders tab in the popping dialog, and check your internal domain exists or not. If exist, please remove it.
(3) Not filter emails from internal domain. Select the Inbox folder, click View > View Settings > Filter, and check if there are filter criteria to hide internal emails. If exist, please remove it. Or just click Clear All button to remove all filter criteria.
(4) Other unknown factors…
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agodoes NOT work in my computer!!!!!!!! Every time I switch off my computer the inbox gets emptied - God know where these emails are. Ihave no way finding them. I switched off every auto archive feature. I set all settings correctly. I have been chasing this issue for months. And not one suggestion has worked. Switch the computer off and all the emails are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Any,
Ensure the AutoArchive has been off? Or your email account type is exchange? If exchange, you may ask the exchange administrator for help.