How to set rule if subject does not contain certain words in Outlook?
In general, it’s very easy to create Outlook rules by subject keywords. But do you know how to create an Outlook rule if the subject does not contain certain keywords? This article will introduce the solution.
This method will guide you to create an Outlook rule to move emails whose subjects don’t contain a certain keyword. Please do as follows:
1. Select the specified mail folder you will create a rule for, and click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please click to highlight the Apply rule on messages I receive option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the Rules Wizard (Which condition(s) do you want to check?), please click the Next button directly, and then click the Yes button in the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules Wizard (What do you want to do with the message?), please do as follows:
(1) check the move it to the specified folder option;
(2) click the linked text of specified in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the Rules and Alerts dialog box specify a mail folder and click the OK button;
(4) click the Next button in the Wizard. See screenshot:
6. Now in the Rules Wizard (Are there any exceptions?), please do as follows:
(1) Check the except if the subject contains specific words option;
(2) Click the linked text of specific words in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the Search Text dialog box, add specified keywords as you need, and click the OK button to close it.
(4) Click the Next button in the Wizard.
7. Now the last Rules Wizard opens. Please:
(1) Name the rule in the Step 1 box;
(2) Check options as you need in the Step 2 section;
(3) Click the Finish button.
And now you will see all emails whose subjects don’t contain certain keywords are moved to the specified mail folder.
8. Close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!