How to set rule if subject does not contain certain words in Outlook?
In general, it’s very easy to create Outlook rules by subject keywords. But do you know how to create an Outlook rule if the subject does not contain certain keywords? This article will introduce the solution.
This method will guide you to create an Outlook rule to move emails whose subjects don’t contain a certain keyword. Please do as follows:
1. Select the specified mail folder you will create a rule for, and click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please click to highlight the Apply rule on messages I receive option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the Rules Wizard (Which condition(s) do you want to check?), please click the Next button directly, and then click the Yes button in the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules Wizard (What do you want to do with the message?), please do as follows:
(1) check the move it to the specified folder option;
(2) click the linked text of specified in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the Rules and Alerts dialog box specify a mail folder and click the OK button;
(4) click the Next button in the Wizard. See screenshot:
6. Now in the Rules Wizard (Are there any exceptions?), please do as follows:
(1) Check the except if the subject contains specific words option;
(2) Click the linked text of specific words in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the Search Text dialog box, add specified keywords as you need, and click the OK button to close it.
(4) Click the Next button in the Wizard.
7. Now the last Rules Wizard opens. Please:
(1) Name the rule in the Step 1 box;
(2) Check options as you need in the Step 2 section;
(3) Click the Finish button.
And now you will see all emails whose subjects don’t contain certain keywords are moved to the specified mail folder.
8. Close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoThank you. This is exactly what I was looking for.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMerci beaucoup
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGreat Tip, Thanks