To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 days agoHi Gideon,
This article just guilds you to restore the “Run a script” option when creating rules in Outlook, it won’t create any rules at all.
What about checking outlook rules you created and disabling them in the Rules and Alerts dialog?
How to restore missing Run a script option in Outlook rule?
You may have noticed the run a script option disappears from the Rules wizard after an Office update. That will prevent users from creating Outlook rule with VBA script. This article will introduce a way to restore the missing run a script option in the Outlook rules wizard easily.
To restore the missing run a script option in the Outlook rules wizard, please do as follows:
1. Press Win + R keys together to open the Run dialog box, in the dialog box type regedit in the Open box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. In the popping out User Account Control dialog box, please click the Yes button. See screenshot:
3. In the Registry Editor window, please open the Security key with below path:
4. Right click the Security key, and select New > DWORD (32-BIT Value) from the right-clicking menu, and then name the new DWORD as EnableUnsafeClientMailRules. See screenshot:
5. Double click the EnableUnsafeClientMailRules DWORD to open the Edit QWORD Value dialog box. See screenshot:
6. In the Edit QWORD (64-BIT) Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data box, and click the OK button. See screenshot above.
7. Restart your Microsoft Outlook.
And now you will find out the run a script option in the Step 1: Select action (s) of Rules Wizard.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 days agoIt seems to block my incoming mail when the rule holds.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 22 days agoSeems to be working even though in step 6 it's the DWORD dialog box that opens up on my end. Thank you very much!