How to Set Up the Auto Archive in Outlook?
For the sake of data backup and data security, it’s a good habit to archive Outlook data files. Of course, you can manually archive with clicking the File > Info > Clean Tools > Archive in Outlook 2010 and 2013, or clicking File > Archive in Outlook 2007. Nevertheless, you may forget archiving or don’t archive on time occasionally. Actually, Microsoft Outlook supports auto archive your Outlook data files. This article will show you how to set up the auto archive in Microsoft Outlook easily.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To set up auto archive in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do it as following steps:
Step 1: Click on the File tab and click on Options. See screenshot:
Step 2: Click on Advanced then the AutoArchive Settings button in Outlook Options window. See screenshot:
- Check the option of Run AutoArchive every x days;
- It's optional to click the Browse button behind the Move old items to: box, and specify a new destination folder for older items.
- Click the button of Apply these settings to all folders now.
Note: If you select the Permanently delete old items option, mails will not be archived.
Step 4: Click all OK buttons to finish the configuring.
There are some difference to find out the AutoArchive button in Microsoft Outlook 2007. And you can get it with following steps:
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, please click the AutoArchive button on the Other tab. See the following screen shot:
Then you will get into the same AutoArchive dialog box you showed you in Outlook 2010, you can configure it as we showed you in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.